Thursday, June 11, 2009

Academy of Art Spring Show

I was lucky enough to have four of my pieces selected for the Academy's Spring Show this year! I am a little late blogging this, and as such, the show has closed and now only (correction! Still open til July 24) the online gallery and its rather poor digital photos are available for viewing. But I'm grateful for any online gallery of all this great work, and the show organizers did a fabulous job.

The pieces that got in aren't on my website yet, but will be soon. Every time I wait this long between site updates, I forget whatever newfangled Java thingy I've employed and it takes me a while to remember how to use it. Anyway, here they are:

A fancy hen die-cut birthday card (5x7, ink & digital)



Retro lingerie self-promotional stickers (5x7, ink & digital)



Polly prepared peach pastries while Pinky purred (children's book illustration, 8x10, ink, watercolor & gouache)



The Fort (children's book cover, 9x12, ink & digital)
totally 100% autobiographical, haha